Exchange Students Programs
Exchange Students Program
We are delighted that you are interested in spending a semester/year abroad at Coburg University of Applied Sciences and Arts in the framework of the ERASMUS+ program or an overseas cooperation between our universities. Incoming exchange students spend one or two semesters studying at Coburg University without intending to complete a degree. Information about applying and enrolling can be found below.
Coburg University participates in the European Union’s ERASMUS+ program. The EU has awarded Coburg University the ERASMUS Charter for higher education 2021-2027. We have summarized our goals for internationalization in the European Policy Statement.
The ERASMUS+ program provides for:
- Exchange semesters at partner universities in Europe
- No tuition fees abroad
- ERASMUS grants
- Acceptance of credits from foreign universities
Further information can be found at ERASMUS+.
You can find a list here: Offered Courses for Exchange Students
or jump directly to:
- Architecture B.A.
- Integrated Product Design B.A. - knowledge of the German language is required
- Interior Design and Interior Architecture B.A. - knowledge of the German language is required
- Business Administration B.A.
- Integrated Health Promotion B.Sc.
- Automotive Technology B.Eng.
- Bioanalytics B.Sc.
- Computer Science B.Sc. / M.Sc.
- Electrical Engineeering and Information Technology B.Eng.
- Power Engineering and Renewable Energies B.Eng.
- Visual Computing B.Sc.
- Development and Management in Mechanical Engineering and Automotive Construction M.Eng.
- Mechanical Engineering B.Eng.
- Interdisciplinary and language courses
Nomination, Application and Deadlines
All incoming students must be nominated for a period of study abroad at Coburg University by their home universities. After having been nominated, they will receive information from the International Office by email and a link to apply online in the move on online portal.
The portal contains important information and accompanies exchange students throughout the duration of their stay. The application procedure for exchange students - step by step:
- Complete the online form and upload all required documents
- Documents required: During the online application procedure, a Learning Agreement, motivation letter Transcript of Records, and a copy of your passport/ID card for EU students need to be uploaded.
Please note: For students applying to our Department of Design (Civil Engineering, Architecture, Interior Architecture or Integrated Product Design) the following documents are additionally required: a Letter of Motivation and a portfolio, both in German.
- Review, acceptance or rejection: The International Office reviews the application documents and forwards them to the department, which accepts or rejects the application.
- Learning Agreement: The department reviews and signs the Learning Agreement and returns it to the International Office. This document will then be returned to the student along with his/her Letter of Acceptance. The selection process will take 4 - 6 weeks.
- Confirmation: The International Office issues a letter of acceptance in digital form. If requested, a hard copy can be sent to the student’s home university.
The application is completed by filling out the online application and sending in the compulsory documents by:
- June 15th (winter semester)
- November 15th (summer semester)
In most departments at Coburg University, courses are taught in German. In order to ensure that international students have a successful and satisfactory stay here, we recommend that student have at least Level B1 German.
Enrolment, Semester Fee, Re-registration
No tuition fees are charged for studying at Coburg University. Incoming students enroll after their arrival in Coburg. Before enrolling, you must pay your semester fee via bank transfer. Please check your Letter of Admission for more information. You will need the following documents:
- a copy of your passport
- proof of German or European health insurance coverage
If you do not have valid health insurance, the International Office can provide addresses for various health insurance providers. The contribution for a student health insurance is approx. 90 EUR/month.
At the end of each semester, all students who plan to continue next semester must re-register with the Registrar’s Office. Please note: re-registration does not happen automatically. The Registrar’s Office send students an email concerning re-registration; students must then re-register within the specified time. Students who fail to do so will be removed from the list of enrolled students.
- Orientation week: Mid-September
- Classes begin: October 1st
- Classes end: Mid-January
- Exams end: Mid-February
- Orientation week: Beginning of March
- Classes begin: March 15th
- Classes end: Mid-July
- Exams end: Mid-August