Services of the library
The library of Coburg University provides university members with literature and information. It is also open to interested citizens for scientific purposes and for professional training. In the library, more than 90,000 media can be used in the reading room or ordered from the stockroom. About 340 magazines are also accessible. The current years are in the reading room, the older ones in the magazine. The library also offers access to numerous electronic media, such as various databases (TEMA WTI Frankfurt, WISO), e-journals and e-books.
It is also the official display point for DIN standards.
The central library is located on the Friedrich Streib campus. There is a branch library at Campus Design. Books can be ordered or reserved and picked up at both locations via the library catalog. Books that have been borrowed from the central library cannot be returned to the branch library and vice versa.
The following opening times apply for the time being:
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
The library is also available to external users again. The use of electronic DIN standards and e-books is currently not possible for local users.
Please also note the applicable hygiene rules and protective measures.
Please note the following when using the library
- The main entrance to the Friedrich Streib campus is open during opening hours. When entering the university, you are required to cover your mouth and nose (e.g. face mask, scarf, etc.)
- Please observe the hygiene instructions on site, keep a minimum distance of 1.5 meters from other people and do not stay in the library longer than necessary.
- Lending and picking up books are possible directly at the service counter, subject to compliance with security rules.
- Research the books you need in our library catalog in advance (http://coburg.bibkatalog.de). The computers in the library are not available for this.
- Books can only be returned using the return trolley that is placed in front of the library.
- The Design Branch Library will remain closed for the time being. If you need books from TB Design, contact the library (bibliothek[at]hs-coburg.de). We then fetch the books from TB Design and make them available in the central library.
- External users cannot work at the workstations in the library's reading room
University members can find further information on the process and the protective measures in place in the student portal my campus.
The library team will of course continue to support you by email with any questions bibliothek[at]hs-coburg.de or phone 09561/317-240!
Use by external parties
External visitors will receive a library card on presentation of their identity card.
Use of the library is free. If you order books from other libraries in the library network or via interlibrary loan, you only have to pay the postage (1.50 euros). The flat-rate fee is also due if the customer does not pick up the book.
Registration, payment of fees and access to electronic media are only possible during service hours.