Steps before starting your studies
If you have successfully enrolled you are officially a student at Coburg University.
These steps are important now:
Activate student user account
As a student at Coburg University you have your own student user account. Your account has already been created by our IT-Service. You have to activate it before you start your studies. The activation of your student user account is only possible after you have registered at Coburg University.
You need your user account for:
- access to the student portal my campus with further links to all online services (Primuss, Moodle, email)
- acess to your email account
- registration into WLAN network "HS-Coburg"
- use of the PC workstations in the university
- use of the FollowMe central printing system
- acess to the university server (from internal and external)
Instructions for activating your user account
You can activate your user account one day after you have successfully enrolled at Coburg University. The following steps are necessary for this:
- You need your matriculation number to activate your user account. You can find this on your registration certificate.
- Follow the link www.hs-coburg.de/freischaltung and enter your data there.
- You will then receive your user name and your university email address. With the user name and password that you have specified, you can now log into your student university account and use numerous IT services of the university.
my campus - the student portal
After your user account has been activated, you have access to our student portal my campus. The student portal my campus is the central platform for your studies at Coburg University.
my campus informs you about:
- your degree program
- course-specific documents and forms (module manuals, exam plans, internships, etc.)
- messages and news from Coburg University
- notes on events
- services offered by the university
As soon as you are logged into my campus, you have direct access to the online services via jump links
We have summarized for you the options offered by the individual online services and how you can find our services on my campus:
Tutorial - a brief explanation of all functions in my campus
The PRIMUSS portal contains all the functions you need to organize your studies.
With PRIMUSS you can:
- retrieve and print out your certificate of enrollment
- enroll for electives in your studies
- register for exams
- view your examinations and grades and create a Transcript of Records
- re-register for the next semester
- notify changes of address
- register for university sports courses
- and much more
Moodle is the learning platform of Coburg University. The platform gives you access to scripts from your lectures, seminars and exercises. In addition, group work can be optimally implemented digitally here.
In your course-specific introduction at the start of the semester, you will receive an introduction to using Moodle. A short digital introduction is also available for you on Moodle.
If you have any questions about specific course access (enrollment key) or specific course content, please contact the responsible teacher or professor for the relevant course.
You can access the Moodle portal either via my campus or via https://moodle.hs-coburg.de.
After your student user account has been activated, an university email account with your personal email address will be set up for you. Your email address is usually structured as follows: first name.last firstname.lastname@example.org.
via the university's Outlook web access https://outlook.office.com or the Outlook client on the workstation PCs at the university.
Note: The login name is "email@example.com" (not your email address)
You can check your emails via our student portal my campus
Please check your emails regularly. You will be informed by email about all the important news on my campus and receive further information about your studies at Coburg University.
The video conference service Zoom enables you to exchange ideas with up to 300 participants via video. With the option to activate the screen for all participants, you can work together on documents or show presentations.
Coburg University was able to acquire a campus license successfully. As a registered student at the university, you can create a Zoom account. When you log in for the first time, you will automatically receive a personal Zoom account.
Coburg University accompanies you with various services throughout your studies. You can find a general overview and brief presentation of our individual service facilities on the Service for students page.
You can also find our service offers on our student portal my campus under "Service". Here you will find an overview of all offers as well as important information about our different services. You have the option to subscribe directly to our service offer so that you no longer miss the latest news on offers and events.
The student ID is a multifunctional card with an integrated money chip. It...
- is proof that you are a student
- is valid as a semester ticket for bus and train
- counts as a library card
- can be used to pay in the canteen, cafeteria, at the coffee machines and at the university's printers.
Students studying in Coburg can use their student ID as a ticket on certain public transport systems. The semester ticket is included in the semester fee.
More information is available here.
Certificate of enrollment
You need the certificate of enrollment e.g. as proof at the child benefit office or health insurance company. You can print it out by yourself as soon as you have activated your student user account with us. Log in to the PRIMUSS portal with your access data (user name and password). There you will find the certificate of enrollment under the item "Certificates".
The Coburg University has its own university WiFi.
The WiFi access is: "HS-Coburg"
Here you can register with:
Password: as set for your user account
In addition to the university WiFi, there is the possibility of using "Eduroam". You can find more information about the respective WiFi and how to set it up on the "WiFi / VPN" page of the IT service on my campus.
Problems with IT?
- the configuration of the university IT services on your personal computer or on mobile devices
- setting up the WiFi (eduroam)
- the printing system (FollowMe)
- and much more.
The offer is free of charge for students. In addition, the university provides software that you can use at a reduced price or even free of charge on your private computer during your studies.
Further information, instructions on software installations and access to online services are available on the IT-service page on the student portal my campus or directly from our IT-service.