Coburg University distributes the following scholarship information to its international students. Please be aware that the application for these opportunities cannot be initiated before the second semester at Coburg University. Follow the indicated links or contact the International Office for more details.
Deutschlandstipendium (Germany Scholarship)The Germany Scholarship provides financial support to excellent students from all over the world with a strong academic commitment.
- Scholarship Amount: 300 € per month (12 months)
- Selection Criteria: academic achievements, social engagement, sense of responsibility and special circumstances
Scholarship by the Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wissenschaft und KunstThe Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wissenschaft und Kunst (Bavarian State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs) offers scholarships for international students. The scholarships are limited in number and extent.
DAAD scholarshipsThe Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD, German Academic Exchange Service) annually provides funds in order to support Internationalization at Coburg University. The scholarship is awarded to talented students with excellent academic performance, dedication and commitment.
BAYHOST oversees the scholarship and grant program of the Free State of Bavaria and its partner countries in Central and Eastern Europe and provides mobility grants for the exchange of students and young researchers as well as for the initiation of cooperation in the field of research and education.
A selection of well-known foundations and their sponsorship opportunities is listed below. Click on the links for more detailed information on application and selection processes.
Care Concept Welcome to Germany-ScholarshipCare Concept AG is an international health insurance company and supports foreign students between 18 and 35 years during their stay in Germany.
- Scholarship Amount: 300 € per month plus health insurance (12 months)
- Selection Criteria: identification with company values (honesty, helpfulness, tolerance) and proof of social commitment
Friedrich-Ebert-StiftungThe Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (SPD political orientation) is one of the oldest funds in Germany and focusses on political education, talent programs, research and international cooperation. They support foreign students who study in Germany and prove their very good German language skills (C1).
- Scholarship Amount: 750 € per month plus health insurance (12 months)
- Selection Criteria: above average study performance, personality and social commitment
The Friedrich-Naumann-Stiftung (FDP political orientation) supports international students during their master studies in a German university. The whole application and selection process will be held in German.
- Scholarship Amount: max. 850 € per month
- Selection Criteria: talent, personality, liberal and social commitment
The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung (trade union orientation) awards scholarships to support young students at home and abroad.
- Scholarship Amount: 750 € per month
- Selection Criteria: very good academic records, social commitment and political interest
You can find other scholarships and financial aid opportunities via the following external databases:
- Stipendienlotse – database of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research
- DAAD – scholarship database for international students with focus on different regions
- ELFI - the ELectronic Research Funding Information System
Tel +49 (0)9561 317-319
Mo - Fr: 8.30 - 12.00
afternoons by arrangement